• fb.me/myeduconnect.au
  • info@myeduconnect.com.au
  • +61423064265, +8801790598146

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Home / Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply for a course?

Contact our Education Agent for a detailed discussion on your study objectives, academic background, course entry requirements and visa requirements. We will help you choose the most relevant study options and guide you through the entire process.

What is a COE?

A CoE is known as a confirmation of enrolment which you receive from a registered training organisation in Australia. You need this evidence to apply for your student visa.

What are entry requirements?

The entry requirements will vary depending on what type of course you want to study in Australia.

What is the Student visa English language requirements?

You will need to meet the English language requirement to apply for a student visa.

Some student visa applicants may need to provide the results of an English language test with their visa application. For more information visit at https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Stud/More/Student-Visa-English-Language-Requirements.

What are the alternate pathways if you don’t meet the English requirements?

Firstly, alternate pathways may be considered if you don’t meet the English requirements, study an ELICOS course. This will help fulfil your English test score.

How much does it cost to study in Australia?

The list below gives you an indication of the range of course costs for different types of courses:

School – $7,800 to $30,000

English language studies – Around $300 per week depending on course length

Vocational Education and Training (Certificates I to IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma) – $4,000 to $22,000

Undergraduate Bachelor Degree – $15,000 to $33,000

Postgraduate Masters Degree – $20,000 to $37,000

Doctoral Degree – $14,000 to $37,000

N.B., these fees can be varies. Please check the institution website for more information.

Do I need Overseas Health Student Cover?

Yes, all international students must have adequate overseas health cover unless your country has a health cover arrangement for its students.

What is simplified student visa framework (SSVF)?

The simplified student visa framework (SSVF) came into effect on 1st July 2016. For more information visit at https://www.border.gov.au/Busi/Educ/simplified-student-visa.

What is the Financial Capacity Requirements?


From 1st July, 2016 international student in Australia planning to study on a student visa need to provide evidence of financial capacity by providing one of the following:

  • Travel Expenses
  • Living costs for the first 12 months of your stay in Australia
  • Course fees for the first 12 months of study
  • Income level of your parents or spouse

For more information visit at https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Stud/More/Student-Visa-Living-Costs-and-Evidence-of-Funds.

What are the Genuine Temporary Entrant Requirements?

The genuine temporary entrant (GTE) requirement is an integrity measure to ensure that the student visa programme is used as intended and not as a way for international students to maintain ongoing residency in Australia.

The GTE requirement applies to all student visa applicants. The officer assessing the visa application considers whether the individual circumstance of the student indicates that their intention is for a temporary stay in Australia.

You must satisfy us that you have a genuine intention to stay in Australia temporarily. When assessing the GTE requirement, we will consider the requirements set out in Ministerial Direction 69 (700KB PDF).

How many hours you are allowed to work while studying?

You and any accompanying family members can work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight when your course is in session and unlimited hours when your course is not in session (during term breaks).

What is Course packaging?

Students can apply to undertake two or more courses on their Student (subclass 500) visa where there is clear progression from one course to another. This is known as course packaging.

The final course that you will undertake as part of your package of courses is your main (or principal) course of study.  Your main course of study will be used to determine your financial and English language evidentiary requirements.

To be granted a visa for the full duration of the packaged courses, you must provide confirmation that you are enrolled in all of the courses. A student visa for the full package will only be granted if the duration of the package does not exceed the maximum visa grant period.

Are you allowed to bring Family members with you?

From 1 July 2016, family members of existing student visa holders need to apply for a Student visa (subclass 500) if they do not currently hold a student visa and wish to join the student in Australia.

There are no restrictions on the duration of particular courses that the student must study to be accompanied by family members, including dependants who later join the student in Australia.

More information is available about bringing your family with you.